Florida Players Points System 2021-2022
- This point system will go into effect August 23rd, 2021.
- In order to be an official member of Florida Players, one must be active in earning a minimum of 12 points per academic year (or 6 points per semester), meaning that the number of points and the minimum attendance requirements (see 3.) are both completed by the end of the academic year.
- Members of Florida Players must achieve the following minimum attendance requirements by the end of the academic year to be considered an active member.
- Minimum attendance of three (3) General Body Meetings (GBM’s)
- Minimum attendance of one (1) Social Event or Special Event
- Minimum [participation in (crew/production/acting/etc.) or attendance of] one (1) Florida Players Production
- How to Earn Points with Florida Players: See Points Breakdown.
- Member status will allow the following:
- To vote in any FP election (both Regular and Special)
- To vote on Constitutional Changes
- To run for any Executive Board positions
- To become a Florida Players Mentor
- For voter status, the point totals will reset at the end of the academic year and new points must be actively earned to renew this status.
- While 12 points/year (or 6 points/semester) is the minimum to be a voting member, those who earn more could be subject to certain perks. This is the Florida Players Tier List, described as followed
- Tier 0: 6 Points
- Become an active member, status as described in article 2
- FP Membership Button
- Tier 1: 18 Points
- Early access to Florida Players Ticket Reservations
- Tier 2: 24 Points
- Pre-scheduling Audition Slots
- Tier 0: 6 Points
*These points would carry over from the previous semester to determine perk eligibility, but will reset for the following semester. This gives members who join no matter the semester the motivation to stay active
(Ex. Shannon earned 18 points for Fall semester, giving her the ability to pre-schedule auditions and reserve tickets early in the Spring. To keep these perks going into next Fall, Shannon needs to earn the point minimum again in the Spring)
- To reiterate, points for votership are accumulated every year. Points for the tier list are accumulated every semester.
- Any member who is inactive for two semesters back-to-back will be removed from our point system and emailing list; if they rejoin they will need to provide their contact information again.
Production and Performance:
Directing: 6 points
Co-Directing: 5 points each
Assistant Directing: 4 points
Writer: Points vary by Length of Written Work: 2 points for 10-20 minutes, 3 points 20-45 minutes, 4 points for 45 minutes-1 hour, 5 points for more than an hour (Accepted Shows that are put on by Florida Players only)
Producing: 3 points
Scene/ Costume/ Lighting/ Projection/ Sound/ Hair/ Makeup Design: 4 points
Poster Design: 2 points
Design advisor/ assistant: 3 points
Stage Managing: 5 points
Assistant Stage Managing: 4 points
Musical Directing: 6 points
Co-Directing Musical: 5 points each
Assistant Musical Directing: 4 points
Choreography: 4 points
Musician: 4 points
Dance/ Fight Captain: 3 points
Acting: 4 points
Props Master: 4 points
Sound Board Operator: 4 points
Light Board Operator: 4 points
Production Assistant: 3 points
Running Crew: 3 points
Participating in a Build/Load-In/Strike: 1 – 4 points (Based on time spent: MUST KEEP INDEPENDENT RECORD AND REPORT) (Dependent upon technical/production team’s decision) (DOES NOT COUNT FOR SHOW PARTICIPANTS AND BOARD, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ASSIST).
House managing: 2 points
Ushers: 1 point
Social Events: 1 point
FP Fundraiser Attendance: 1 point
Bringing a non-member to a FP Fundraiser: 1 extra point for each non-member
Attending a Florida Players Production or Florida Players sponsored/partnered production: 1 point
4 Social Media Promotions: 1 Point (Email email@example.com with screenshot proof to log)
Workshops: 1 point
Meeting attendance: 1 point
Committee Member: 2 points
Proposing a show: 2 points
Mentor/Mentee Specific Points:
NOTE: These points will go both towards the individuals’ FP Memberships as well as a new program for Mentor/Mentee Points (which will combine the points earned specifically under this section). Only applies to current year pairs.
Mentor: 2 point
Mentee: 1 point
Mentor/Mentee Pair Attendance of Special Event: 2 points
Mentor/Mentee Pair Attendance of Fundraiser: 2 points
Mentor/Mentee Evidenced Outing*: 2 points (email firstname.lastname@example.org with evidence)
Mentor/Mentee Pair Attendance of Mentor/Mentee Event: 2 points
Mentor/Mentee Family Tree Evidenced Meeting/Outing*: 2 points (Grandmentor, etc.) (Email email@example.com with evidence).*Evidenced Outings are considered meetups between mentor/mentees that are separate from Florida Players events. For example, if a mentor and mentee went to a museum together (and took a picture together and emailed it to firstname.lastname@example.org), that would be considered a mentor/mentee evidenced outing. But if the “outing” were a Florida Players show or fundraiser, that would not count, as it is connected to the organization.
If you’re a member, you’re allowed to:
Vote or run for E-Board
Be a mentor
Not a member but think you should be?
Email the secretary and see what you have done and what you can do to become or stay a voting member